Here are 5 ways to tell the differences between jade vs aventurine.
Jade vs Aventurine vs Visual Differences
- Colors can include; green, lavender, red, orange, yellow, brown, white, black, and gray
- Light to deeper greens of Nephrite and Jadeite gemstones are the most popular.
- Intense Imperial green is the most sought-after.
- Raw just often has a variety of colors within a piece.
- Vivid colors.
- Sleek, translucent appearance.
- Opaque to semi-transparent.
- Smooth, even texture when polished.
- Slightly translucent form of quartz.
- More consistent coloration throughout the crystal.
- A deeper, less vibrant green.
- More of a deep natural green appearance.
- Sparkles, glimmers, and has a glitter-like appearance.
- Aventurine can be blue, green, grey, purple, red, and rainbow.
- Often smoother surface.
Jade vs Aventurine Metaphysical Properties
Jade’s metaphysical properties, spiritual uses, and benefits include:
- Inner peace
- New beginnings
Aventurine’s metaphysical properties, spiritual uses, and benefits include:
- Wealth & prosperity
- Good fortune
Jade vs Aventurine Origin & Sourcing
Jade is most commonly found in China, Japan, Guatemala, Mexico, Burma, USA>
Aventurine is primarily found in India.
Jade vs Aventurine Moh’s Scale
Jade’s Moh’s scale rating is 6.5, while Aventurines Moh’s scale rating is 7.
Jade vs Aventurine Chakras
Both jade and aventurine are aligned with the heart chakra!
Note: Different colors of aventurine are often associated with the chakra color they are most closely in alignment with.
For example, orange aventurine may be associated with the sacral chakra.
Jade vs Aventurine Zodiac, Elements, & Planets
Jade is associated with Aquarius, Cancer, Pisces, and the element of water.
Aventurine is associated with Mercury, Gemini, Virgo, and the element of water.
Buy either crystal here on this site!
Here are some images of both aventurine and amazonite for you to purchase.