Here are 5 ways to tell the differences between aventurine vs amazonite.
Aventurine vs Amazonite Visual Differences
- Slightly translucent.
- More consistent coloration throughout the crystal.
- A deeper, less vibrant green.
- More of a deep natural green appearance.
- Sparkles, glimmers, and has a glitter-like appearance.
- Aventurine can be blue, green, grey, purple, red, and rainbow.
- Often smoother surface.
- Brighter/light blues
- More likely to include white coloration.
- Slight opaque.
- More speckled and inconsistencies.
- White veins, webs, or lines patterns.
- Only found in blue-green colors.
- It has more texture to it even after polishing.
- More cracking.
Aventurine vs Amazonite Metaphysical Properties
Aventurine’s metaphysical properties, spiritual uses, and benefits include:
- Wealth & prosperity
- Good fortune
Amazonite’s metaphysical properties, spiritual uses, and benefits include:
Aventurine vs Amazonite Origin & Sourcing
Aventurine is mostly found in India.
Amazonite can be found in more places, including USA, Russia, Brazil, and Madagascar.
Aventurine vs Amazonite Moh’s Scale
Aventurine has a Moh’s scale rating of 7Amazonite has a Moh’s scale rating of 6-6.5
Aventurine vs Amazonite Chakras
Both aventurine and amazonite are aligned with the heart chakra!
The more blue amazonite may also be associated with the throat chakra.
Note: Different colors of aventurine are often associated with the chakra color they are most closely in alignment with.
For example, orange aventurine may be associated with the sacral chakra.
Aventurine vs Amazonite Zodiac, Elements, & Planets
Aventurine is associated with Mercury, Gemini, Virgo, and the element of water.
Amazonite is associated with Uranus, Aquarius, and the element of water.
Buy either crystal here on this site!
Here are some images of both aventurine and amazonite for you to purchase.